Thursday, April 14, 2016

Secret's in the sauce.....

Quick, quick... what movie?? 

Our family plays this little game where we quote a famous line from a movie and the others have to guess it.  Can you guess what movie this title is from?  You should know it!   And if you don't know it.... well, you should know it!  I might post the answer in the comments below. 

As I've mentioned before, I am discovering a lot about myself through this vegan journey.  Recently, I realized just how much I love to put sauce on my dishes or salads.  I've been trying a lot of Anja's recipes because I love her food!  I haven't decided which is my favorite but there are a few that stand out. 

Today, I wanted to post about some of the yummy sauces I've come across while discovering new foods.  Most of these can be poured over rice and any type of veggie or perhaps over a salad.  Here's a couple of my faves so far  (I believe all of these came from Anja's recipes but it's been a while since I've written them down so I can't be sure.):

Orange Tahini Dressing  (Anja's recipe)

1/2 c. orange juice (I've used both freshly squeezed and store bought.  Good both ways.)
2 T Tahini
1 T Miso paste
1 T Tamari
1 t Coconut sugar

Blend everything in a blender and voila!  This literally takes less than 5 minutes.  I poured this over her broccoli salad and it was GOOOOOD!!!  I could have bathed in this stuff! 

Here's Anja's video:




Cucumber Tahini Dressing

(I think this one came from the Forks Over Knives menu plan)
Use this one salads or drizzle over veggies. 

1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
1/3 c. Tahini
1/4 c. Lemon juice
2 Garlic cloves
Sea salt, to taste
Pinch cayenne pepper

Blend it all together until smooth and creamy.  Add water a little at a time until pourable consistency.


Basil Dressing

I used this one over veggies but it would be good on salad, too. 

3/4 c. Soy milk, or other plant based milk
2 c. chopped fresh basil.  (I didn't have fresh basil so I used dried.  Still good!)
2 T. Lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1/4 c. White beans (I used cannellini beans)
2 - 3 cloves garlic
1/4 c. nutritional yeast

Blend it all up and voila! 


I hope you'll try one or all of these!  Let me know how you like them!

Happy Eating!


0 comments:

Post a Comment