Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Sweet Potato Bowl and a New Discovery

So far, I am loving this new dietary journey.  I have not missed meat in the least.  In fact, I find myself being a little repulsed when I look at a piece of meat, cooked or uncooked.  That's another story.....

I discovered another dish that I wanted to make and I must say, I'm in love with it!  It is so amazingly good!  I continue to be shock and amazed at the abundance of natural foods God has provided us with.  I feel like I'm coming out of a cocoon into a whole new world of beauty and abundance.  I know that sounds pretty cheesy.....  but, it is what it is.

Sweet Potato Bowl

This is an incredibly easy recipe.  I've seen it from several sources online.  Most of the recipes I found state to bake the sweet potato until it's tender.  I put mine in a brown paper bag and microwaved it for about 8 - 10 minutes.  Same results.

 
After the sweet potato is done, peel off the skin.  Careful!  It's hot.
 
 
Chop it up and put it in a blender with some plant based milk.  I probably used about a 1/2 cup of coconut milk.  I might try almond milk next time to see what the difference in flavor is.  I think both would be good!

 
Once the sweet potato and milk is blended, spoon it into a bowl.  I topped with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, banana, shredded coconut, and hemp seeds.  It was.....
 
AH - MAZ - ING!!!

 
I made this during lunch time because we had skipped breakfast.  Not intentionally, but we just had a busy morning.  I wanted to include a green salad, too, so I mixed up some greens I had with a chopped avocado and added some hummus on top. 
 
Needless to say, this ended up being way too much food for me in one sitting.  I ate the salad and about 1/4 of the sweet pot bowl.   I saved the rest of that for breakfast the next morning.  The leftover bananas in it were a little browned, but otherwise, it was just as tasty!
 

My new discovery!



So, I've seen Cheri use what she calls "Buckinis" in a lot of her dishes.  I wanted to try it so I went on a search for it.  I wasn't sure exactly what it was, though.  I went to the Sprouts market near me.  They didn't know what Buckinis were either!  They looked it up on their cell phone - guess I should have done that!  Turns out, Buckinis are buckwheat.  Buckwheat is a whole grain. 

It looks a little like chopped peanuts in this form.  They have a crunch to them, which I love.  So far, I've used them on my cereal and on a few salads.  I love them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment