Sunday, June 9, 2013

Research and Planning

Although we're siblings, David and I have very different personalities.  He is much more analytical and cautious than I am.  He takes after our mother in that respect.  I, on the other hand, tend to jump in with both feet before testing the waters.  When David and I agreed to do this together, I was ready to get started!  Let's do this thing!  Let's get a-move on!

Whoa, Nelly!!

I forced myself to put the breaks on.  First, I want to do this the right way and be methodical about it.  I want it to last, after all.  This is not simply a jump on/jump off the band wagon deal.  This is a life change not just for me but for my brother, too.  This is our lives...and it's important.

So, before getting started there are two orders of business:

1. Planning
2. Health assessments

We're already in the planning stages.  David has been checking out juicers and smoothie machines.  I already have both but he needs to find what will work for him.  

I am very structured and like to have my days planned out if possible.  In that regard, I want to make sure we have good juice recipes.  I need to know where to get our produce in bulk.  I need a daily plan.  For that, I plan to use Joe Cross's daily plan suggestions until I get comfortable enough to plan it out myself.

One of my requests was that we both have a physical.  I want to know exactly where I stand in that regard so I have some very concrete measurements.  David is not so thrilled.  Like our father, he doesn't like doctors.  But, both Mom and I are encouraging him.

My only snag there is that I just started a new job and health insurance won't kick in till July.  I'll have to wait till then to get checked out.  In the meantime, planning it is!

When all I want to do charge ahead!  This is going to kill me!!

On to the planning.....

1 comments:

  1. Good to know it's our genes, and totally not our fault then LOL! I tend to want to plan for a few minutes then start 'doing'. If I have to plan too long, I feel like I'm just procrastinating and making excuses. But I agree; physicals first. Especially with your health record... you need to make sure someone's looking over your shoulder, so to speak.

    July will be here before you know it, though! Until then, try a few recipes and see which ones work for your taste buds..

    ReplyDelete